WHAT IS ZOOM?
You do not need to purchase a Zoom account to participate in Zoom classes.
What you need to get started
• An internet-connected Computer, Laptop, iPad or Mobile Phone.
• A webcam or built-in camera on your device. Please check your surrounding are suitable that people will see.
How to launch Zoom and participate in a class
• Once our centres have confirmed your booking they will email you a web link to click on and Zoom class password.
• You can either click on the link provided in the email or go to the Zoom web site at http://zoom.us/ and click on “Join a Meeting” where you can enter the 9 or 10-digit Meeting ID number.
• Closing any applications you don’t need for the meeting will improve the quality of your connection.
• Audio is integrated into the meeting. However, you have the option to participate via audio-only if a web-connected device is not available.
• Speakers are loud enough for the entire room to hear. Make sure that speakers are pointing away from the microphone to prevent feedback. You can also use a headset if you’re unable to receive audio through your computer, laptop or device.
• While you’re waiting for the session to begin you’ll be the “waiting room” if the host hasn’t started the meeting at the time you joined. We recommend that you check your audio settings while waiting for the meeting to start. The tutor will be with you shortly.
Audio Mute and Unmute
During a session, we prefer you to mute your microphone until you have a question or comment. This helps to minimize audio feedback. Mute your audio by clicking on the microphone icon located in the lower left-hand corner of the menu bar.
Video On or Off
You video at any time can be turned on or off by clicking the camera icon.