Stitched Activism With Nicole
The Pandemic has given us all time to focus on what matters. Work alongside Nicole as she explains how craftivism contributes to climate awareness, while she takes you through a simple process of producing a small panel of stitched art that explores a message of environmental awareness, using only scraps and threads you have in your home. Don’t buy new. Repurpose what you have.
Both beginners and those who have experience enjoy a relaxed and creative approach to stitching.
Areas covered: Design, live demonstration of embroidery and simple appliqué/fabric collage techniques.
- Paper, pencils, pen, textas, a glue stick. (if you have one)
- Calico, cotton type fabric for your base
- Embroidery threads, eg/ dmc, anchor, stranded cotton, pearl threads, wool thread, knitting yarn, ribbons etc etc
- Sharp needles that are appropriate to your threads
- Any other scrap fabric you might have. Felt, denim, cotton, prints, plains etc. (not essential), the whole project could be done simply with a needle and embroidery thread
- Pins, scissors, sewing kit, beads, buttons or whatever you have
As we get started, you can just run off and grab whatever you think might add to your piece.
When: Wednesday 16th February 2022
Time: 6:00pm – 7:30pm
Where: Zoom (a link will be sent out to you when payment is received)
5 in stock