FOR FIRST-TIME ZOOM USERS
To be able to join in you will need to make a ‘Zoom’ account. Visit https://zoom.us/ on your computer and click on ‘sign up it’s free’. On phone or iPad you can download the ‘zoom’ app from your App store. It is totally FREE and is a great system. Zoom will send you an email to confirm your account and create a password for your access. Don’t forget your password, you will need it when you log in. Zoom allows us to see one another in real-time so we still have the connection we have when we see each other in class. It’s great.
HOW DO I IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF MY VIRTUAL CLASS?
• Firstly. you will need a reasonable internet connection.
• If you turn off your video on your phone or iPad at your end on ‘Zoom’ your device will work better. Although, if its working fine pls leave it, I love to see you all working. Laptops no need to turn off the video.
• If you want to put it on your telly the best option is to use the HDMI cable direct to a laptop. It syncs perfectly. If you are heading out you can try Officeworks/JBhifi or order online (or ask your tech support) Even my 15-year-old telly has an HDMI connection in the back.
• If you are using wifi to connect your iPad or phone to the telly it will work but there can be a bit of a delay. Turning your video off will help with this a bit.
• If you would like a better sound you can connect a speaker to your device via cable input or Bluetooth.