Hi, my name is Diana Casey.
I paint and teach in Watercolour, and have 35 years of experience. My Workshops and Classes are designed for beginners to intermediate painters, for people who find the medium interesting, intriguing, and challenging, but don’t want stress or pressure to produce masterpieces. You will learn how to observe nature and its relevance to your painting. The tips and tricks I share make it easier with practice. Much of what I teach relates to all painting mediums.
I have three sayings I believe are relevant:
1. It is only a piece of paper
2. There is no such thing as perfect
3. There is no right or wrong in painting
Come along to learn, meet like-minded people, and ENJOY the experience. You will create a new painting each week.
Suggested equipment required to bring along on the day
Paints: French Ultramarine, Raw Sienna, Pilbara Red, Sap Green, Australian Leaf Green, Burnt Umber, Burnt Sienna, Permanent Mauve.
– 1-2 Palettes (can use ice-cream plastic lids)
– Watercolour brushes: Mop 4, Rigor, no’s 1, 5 & 10 or 12
– Watercolour paper (bank or buy large sheet which can be cut down). Suggest rough or medium 300gsm
– HB Pencil & Soft rubber
– Tissues (Travel pack is fine)
– Small old towel to place on the table
– Roll of masking tape
– Water container (tin can, glass jar etc)
– MDF Board for painting on. Min size 360 x 480mm
This is a suitable starting point, and there may be a need to expand some of these materials. All items can be purchased from art shops. Local ones are Art Shed & Melbourne Art Supplies or purchase online.