Watercolour with Diana
Watercolour with Diana
Highett Community Centre
This class is aimed at both experienced and inexperienced students keen to develop their watercolour skills. This class is conducted in a masterclass fashion, with students painting the same piece as the tutor in the studio on the day. Diana will provide ongoing critique and advice where needed, during the class. Questions and discussions of aspects relevant to improving our understanding of the watercolour process are part of the classes. A variety of subjects, of Diana’s choice, are done during the class. A material guide is provided below.
VENUE: Highett Neighbourhood Community House
ADDRESS: 2 Livingston Street Highett
WHEN: Mondays 1:30 pm - 4 pm
(Term 4, 10 weeks)
VENUE: Hampton Community Centre
ADDRESS: 14 Willis Street Hampton
WHEN: Tuesday 10 am - 12:30 pm
(Term 4, 4 weeks (10th Oct - 31st Oct)
TUTOR: Diana Casey
CONTACT: 0492 800 592
COST: $30 per class when paid in full for the 4 weeks
*This class runs in school terms only
Suggested equipment required to bring along on the day
Paint colours: French Ultramarine, Raw Sienna, Pilbara Red, Sap Green, Australian Leaf Green, Burnt Umber, Burnt Sienna, Permanent Mauve.
– 1-2 Palettes (can use ice-cream plastic lids)
– Watercolour brushes: Mop 4, Rigor, no’s 1, 5 & 10 or 12
– Watercolour paper ARCHES, Saunders or Canson 300 GSM (Rough, Medium or Smooth)
– HB Pencil and a soft rubber
– Tissues (Travel pack is fine)
– Small old towel to place on the table
– Roll of masking tape (Painting tape is good)
– Water container (tin can, glass jar etc)
– MDF Board for painting on. Min size 360 x 480mm approx.
This is an appropriate starting point, and there may be a need to expand some of these materials. All items can be purchased from art shops. Local ones are Art Shed & Melbourne Art Supplies or you can purchase them online.
TERM DATES 2023
Term 1: 30 Jan – 6 April 2023
Term 2: 24 April – 23 June 2023
Term 3: 10 July – 15 Sept 2023
Term 4: 2 Oct - 17 Dec 2023
REFUNDS & CREDITS
- There are no refunds for any class bookings. Once booked, the class fees are non-refundable.
- If a credit is issued to customers, it is valid for use within the same calendar year in which it was applied.
- If a credit is issued to customers, it can be applied towards any eligible workshop offered during the same calendar year.
- The credit is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash or any other form of payment.
- It is the Management discretion if a credit is offered to customers.
MEMBERSHIP & CLASS FEES
- A $10 membership fee per calendar year is required when joining a class or workshop at our centres.
- The membership fee covers usage at both Highett and Hampton Community Centres.
- The membership fee is non-refundable.
- Class fees for the following term must be paid before the end of the current term to secure your spot in the class.
- If you plan on "missing a term," class fees must still be paid to ensure your place in the class for the subsequent term.
- The membership fee is separate from the class fees and is payable annually per calendar year.